Shropshire & Covid 19, October update
Shropshire is at a critical point in the battle against Coronavirus, with the risk of tier 2 restrictions being imposed if case rates continue to rise.
As schools close for half term, residents and visitors are being urged to behave respectfully to help protect Shropshire’s communities and countryside. The best way you can do this is by following local coronavirus rules and the Countryside Code.
The Rule of Six - Under Shropshire’s current restrictions, no more than six people can gather together, either indoors or outdoors. People should also follow social distancing (2 metres apart where possible) when meeting.
The Countryside Code #RespectProtectEnjoy - Familiarising yourself with the Countryside Code will give you all the information you need to be able to behave respectfully when visiting rural locations.
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them and follow paths unless wider access is available
Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under effective control
Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead and be prepared - check what facilities are open and where you can park.
- Follow advice and local signs
For more information see https://newsroom.shropshire.gov.uk/2020/10/respect-countryside-campaign/
Published by Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership on