Register now - Shropshire Climate Action Conference, 26th September 2020.
In autumn 2019, the AONB Partnership held a major discussion about the Environment and Climate Emergency, and sent the resulting recommendations to Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council.
In February 2020, we hosted an Environment and Climate Emergency Community Networking Event, which was attended by around 100 people.Representatives from local groups spoke briefly about what they are doing, followed by short presentations, networking time and workshops.
Listed below are the names of the representatives from local organisations and community groups that participated, and links to their presentation slides and other useful resources.
- Jane Cullen, South Shropshire Climate Action
- Tish Dockerty, Ludlow 21
- Charles Edwards, Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre - Grow Cook Learn
- Tim Selman, Middle Marches Community Land Trust
- Manda Scott, Clunbury Parish
- Chris Hillcox, Rewilding Shropshire
- Gary Cowell, Knighton Community Woodlands Group
- Joy Measures, Land, Life and Livelihoods/Clun Forest Farmers
- Jon Keane, Shropshire Cycle Hub
- John Tuer, Severn Trees Trust
- Alison Weeks, Lightfoot
- The Rt Hon Philip Dunne, MP for Ludlow
- Richard Davies, MBE Sustainable Energy Entrepreneur, Beyond enlightened self interest
- Phil Holden, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership, Net zero and nature recovery for the Shropshire Hills - a brief overview
- David Howard, Stretton Climate Care, One foot after the other - stories from the Strettons
- Mike Kelly, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership, Tree establishment for climate and nature - where and how
- Robin Mager, Shropshire Wildlife Trust, Nature Recovery Networks at a local level
- Dave Green, Sharenergy, Possibilities for post FiT renewables
- Mike Kelly, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership, Using publicly available environmental data and mapping
- Lizzie Hulton-Harrop, Middle Marches Community Land Trust, Using Google Maps for project planning
- Dan Wrench/ Richard Hammerton, Shropshire Council, Parish scale habitat/ landscape surveys
- Joy Howells, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership, Funding for community environmental projects & funding list, Feb 2020
- Stuart Edmunds, Shropshire Wildlife Trust, Camera traps for wildlife surveying