Vision for the AONB:
"The natural beauty of the Shropshire Hills landscape is conserved, enhanced and helped to adapt - by sympathetic land management, by co-ordinated action and by sustainable communities; and is valued for its richness of geology, wildlife and heritage, and its contribution to prosperity and wellbeing".
The 2019-24 Management Plan aims to influence and guide landowners, organisations and individuals on a wide range of topics by setting out how to best manage the Shropshire Hills landscape. The Plan is divided into three broad sections, and includes local area sections to highlight key issues and priorities.
- Land management supporting natural beauty and landscape
- Planning for a sustainable economy and communities
- People enjoying and caring about the landscape
Please contact us if you would like a hard copy of the Management Plan.
The AONB Management Plan has 5 local area sections which focus on key issues and priorities. Click on the links below:
- Long Mynd & Stiperstones
- Clun Forest & Valley
- Clee Hills
- Stretton Valley, Wenlock Edge & Dales
- Wrekin Forest
Other pdf downloads related to the Management Plan:
- AONB Management Plan 2019-24 Progress Update, October 2020
- AONB Management Plan 2019-24 – POLICIES
- AONB Management Plan 2019-24 – ACTIONS
- Sustainability appraisal report of AONB Management Plan 2019-24
- Sustainability Appraisal non-technical summary
- Baseline Report for Habitats Regulations Assessment
The 2019-24 Shropshire Hills AONB Management Plan was prepared by the AONB Partnership on behalf of Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council. The Plan was approved in July 2019.