Environment and Climate Emergency Networking event
We are inviting community groups to a networking event focussed on the Environment and Climate Emergency, at the Craven Arms Community Centre from 7-9pm on Thursday 27th February.
We know there are lots of local groups around the Shropshire Hills active or interested in this, and the purpose of the event is to share ideas and knowledge among these groups, and with other people who may be able to support and help.
The evening will include short update slots for active groups to say what they are doing, along with time for informal networking. There will also be a series of short talks and workshop sessions on the following topics:
- Tree planting for climate and nature – where and how
- Nature recovery and net zero for the Shropshire Hills, a brief overview
- Habitat creation and networks
- Community energy and transport projects
- Using Google maps for project planning
- Using publicly available environmental data and mapping
- Parish scale habitat/ landscape survey
Booking to attend the event is via Eventbrite.
The first part of the event will be local groups talking about what they are doing – if your group is active please tell everyone about it! To book a speaking or workshop slot, please contact us as well as booking yourself on the event through Eventbrite.
Being part of something bigger to work on these vital issues is a great way for us to achieve more and stay inspired to act further. We hope to have a useful and enjoyable evening.
If you would like to bring displays or could contribute to the event in another way, do please let us know.
Published by Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership on