Wildlife Tracker - winter edition
Shropshire Hills Young Rangers – stay connected with nature
Looking for an outdoor challenge during Lockdown?
Enter our Wildlife Tracker competition!
Winter brings with it a whole host of magical wildlife! Wildlife Tracker includes some of the seasonal highlights that you might come across in your local area. Some wildlife, like Robins are a familiar sight, but others are much more difficult to find - so keep your eyes peeled!
Complete the list as best as you can for a chance to win one of our special prizes...
How to enter
1. Record your sightings and calculate your total using the Record Sheet. Enter a short description in the comments box.
Is there a special, local place good for seeing wildlife? We’d like to know!
2. Take photos of your walk.
Some of the things on the list are very hard to find so you may not complete the entire list, but what else did you see?...
Bonus points will be awarded when you record wildlife that is especially rare, interesting, unusual or unique, especially if you tell us why.
Attach you favourite photo in an email when you submit you form.
4. Email your completed form to us at email@example.com
*PRIZES TO BE WON* - GOOD LUCK!
Conditions of entry
1. Wildlife Tracker is open to anyone! However, competition entries must be by young people aged between 12-16, as part of our Young Rangers programme.
2. Locations on the form must be within, or near to the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on publicly accessible land (or private land, with permission). Please follow the Countryside Code.
3.The closing date for entries is Monday 8th March 2021.
4. When taking part, please follow the latest government COVID-safety guidelines. Stay local and complete the survey as part of your permitted daily exercise.
5. Entries will be judged by our panel of local wildlife experts! Results will be announced in mid-March.
Prizes include: 1st wildlife trail camera, 2nd illustrated guide to British wildlife, 3rd one years’ family membership of Shropshire Wildlife Trust
*The contact details you provide (e.g. email address) will be confidential and will only be used for the purposes of our Young Rangers project and will not be shared with any third parties.
Join Shropshire Hills Young Rangers - stay connected with nature!
Event starts at 12:00am.