QUIZ - do you know your Shropshire Hills?
Do you know your Shropshire Hills? Have a go at the quiz below. The answers are all names of hills in the AONB. Our 50 Shropshire Hills page will help. All answers will be posted on the website at the end of the month.
You can send in your answers for marking if you wish, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Offa’s Dyke Path National Trail high point in the AONB
2. Is this the giant’s putting green
3. A prominent clump of pines stand on the summit of this hill
4. What’s the highest point on the Long Mynd
5. A cross to mark the spot along this ridge
6. The highest point in Shropshire
7. The largest area of heathland in the Clun Forest
8. Legend has it, it was built by a giant with a grudge against Shrewsbury
9. Famine, a magic cow and wicked witch are associated with which Common land with a stone circle
10. Battle Stones are on which Stretton hill
11. A devil of a tor
12. Twin Peaks
13. One of the largest and most impressive hillforts in the country
14. The most southerly Shropshire Hill
15. The avenue of beech trees lead up which hill
16. This name found on two of our hills comes from its link to the legendary warrior prince who rebelled against the Romans in the first century AD.
17. Ridge of limestone with one of the longest continuous woodlands in England
18. Carrying the name of a minor skin lesion
19. A frosty spot
20. Site of a Stone Age axe factory, just over the border
Event starts at 12:00pm.