Shropshire Hills Shuttle buses
2013 Shuttle buses have started!
They run every weekend and Bank Holiday Monday until the end of September 2013.
Easy access into the Shropshire Hills for walking, shopping, sightseeing, pub lunches, picnics and more…
- Castle Connect (NEW route)
- Long Mynd & Stiperstones
- Wenlock Wanderer
- Enjoy a day out on the Shuttles
- 2013 Ticket Prices
- 2013 Timetables
- Wheelchair Access
- Shuttle Season Ticket - available now!
- Sunday 19 May, Castle Connect. Join local author A.T.D Evans (David) for ‘Border Wanderings on the Bus’
- Spread the word… a young person’s (16-25) Day Rover ticket is only £3!
NEW FOR 2013 – Young persons (16-25) Day Rover only £3.
Please purchase your ticket from the driver when boarding the bus.
* DAY ROVER:
- Adult – £7.00
- Children under 16 – £2.50
- Young person (16-25) – £3.00
- Family - £15.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
- Single Tickets - start from £1.30
- Travel from Shrewsbury on Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle and Wenlock Wanderer – extra £3.00 per adult (return)
You can travel for FREE with a valid concessionary pass.
* The Day Rover ticket allows you to use both the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle and the Wenlock Wanderer. Please note Castle Connect does not link up with the other Shuttle buses.
Dogs, accompanied by their owners, are allowed on the bus at the driver‘s discretion.
The Castle Connect bus is based locally, so offers a 09.00 pick up from Clun as it heads into Ludlow via Craven Arms and the A49 – click on the timetable below for full details.
The Long Mynd & Stiperstones and the Wenlock Wanderer Shuttle buses set off from Shrewsbury and head to Carding Mill Valley to begin their circuits. Carding Mill Valley is one of the Long Mynd’s most spectacular valleys, just at the edge of Church Stretton. Owned by the National Trust it includes a tearoom, information point, gift shop and toilets. There is a charge for parking, (free if NT member).
From Carding Mill Valley the Shuttles head into Church Stretton and pick up at the Beaumont Road bus stop, next to the cafe and butchers. The main car park (pay & display) is in the town centre, next to the Co-op, and a three minute walk to Beaumont Road bus stop. There are also regular trains to Church Stretton and it is a five minute walk from the station to the bus stop.
The Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle and the Wenlock Wanderer are able to carry standard sized wheelchairs, but it is essential to book. Please contact Shropshire Council on 01743 254977 (Mon-Fri 6am-6pm and Sat 6am-2pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a wheelchair booking or for further information. A place cannot be guaranteed for you otherwise. If you have a larger than average sized wheelchair, the dimensions and weight will need to be checked to ensure it can be accommodated.
If you want to travel on the Castle Connect service, please contact the Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership, on 01588 674080 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) for arrangements to be made.
Planning to use the Shuttles a lot this year? Or want to make a financial contribution towards the future of the Shuttles? Then why not buy a season ticket allowing you unlimited travel on all the Shropshire Hills Shuttles in 2013. This also allows those with concessionary passes and who would like to financially support the Shuttles, to do so.
- Adult - £50
- Young person (16–25) – £25
- Children - £20
- Family - £100
Call us on 01588 674080 for more information or to buy your 2013 Shuttle season ticket.