Shropshire Hills Shuttle Buses
Step aboard our weekend Shuttle Buses to enjoy easy access into the hills for walking, sightseeing, pub lunches, picnics and more…
Weekends and Bank Holiday Mondays,
Saturday 1st July to 24th September 2017.
Click below for route description and map, timetable and ticket prices:
- Suggested walks, key stops and events
- 2017 timetable and running days
- 2017 Ticket Prices
- Shuttle Season Ticket – a simple way to support the service
- Passenger Feedback – please get in touch with us, we love to hear from passengers
Please purchase your ticket from the driver when boarding the bus.
- Adult – £8.00
- Children under 16 – £3.50
- Family – £18.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
SINGLE TICKETS start from £2.00, and a child (5-15) single ticket is a flat rate of £1.50 for each journey.
You can travel for FREE with a valid concessionary pass.
Dogs, accompanied by their owners, are allowed on the bus at the driver‘s discretion.
Planning to use the Shuttles a lot this year? Or want to make a financial contribution towards the future of the Shuttles? Then why not buy a season ticket allowing you unlimited travel on all the Shropshire Hills Shuttles in 2017. This also allows those with concessionary passes and who would like to financially support the Shuttles, to do so.
- Adult – £50
- Young person (16–25) – £25
- Children – £20
- Family – £100
Please email us for more information email@example.com, or call us on 01743 254740. The season ticket can not be purchased on the bus.
2017 passenger comments:
“Big thanks to the great drivers on the Shuttle Buses. Had an amazing day out yesterday. Real treat to meet both of them. Friendly, helpful & extremely knowledgeable about the area. Hope this fantastic service continues, it’s a real asset to tourism in your area.” July 2017
“Used the service for the first time – very good. Entertaining banter and good (and bad) jokes from Mervyn. Friendly service and good way to see and enjoy the Long Mynd and surrounding areas without the hazards of driving the narrow hilly roads yourself.” July 2017
“When in sunny Shropshire use the Shuttle service!” May Bank Holiday 2017
“Brilliant service, ten times better than driving yourself. See the fabulous scenery and enjoy the commentary by driver Mervyn. Can’t beat it for getting to know this lovely area.” 27th May 2017
“Just to say thank you for the great shuttle bus service you provide. The route is great and provides good coverage of the area. The drivers (and other passengers) are very friendly and also great tour guides. I really did not want to get off the bus as we were all having such a laugh – accompanied by a very talented accordion player at Bridges! Please keep this great service going and please consider running it in June. A memorable weekend – for the walking, the weather (appalling on Saturday/fantastic on Sunday) and the fun we had on the bus.” May 2017
“Excellent to be able to walk from Church Stretton to Bridges and get the bus back. Please keep this service going. It keeps cars off the road and is a great way to see the beautiful Shropshire Hills.” Easter weekend, 2017
“We would like say how much we enjoy using the Longmynd shuttle service.Unlike other bus jourmeys there is always laughter & lively conversation on board.The drivers are excellent & the scenery is beautiful.” September 2016
- “Great service, a fantastic way to show visitors the best of the Shropshire Hills” September 2016
- “A wonderful serice enabling extensive walking, which would be otherwise inaccessable” September 2016
- “The Shuttles are part of our holiday each year – wonderful!” September 2016
- “Just a note to say a big thank you for the shuttle buses – brilliant day out and great company – drivers and passengers. Got to Snailbeach mines and lunch at the Stiperstones Inn – very fine day” feedback from our facebook page, September 2016
- “We loved the ride, the views and the bus driver – he was so infornative and helpful – a delight. It’s an essential service for getting around for visitors and residents” vistors from U.S.A., August 2016
- “Following our journey on the shuttle bus this weekend with our sister- and brother-in-law, my wife and I just wanted to write and say what a wonderful amenity we think these buses are. As regular users, whether we are looking for something to eat at Bridges or the Bog Centre, great walks or just a nice ride through wonderful scenery, which varies throughout the shuttle bus season, the buses provide a lovely friendly way to travel through this area of outstanding natural beauty. We hope that despite the pressures on local government funding that money can be found to maintain this service in the future, which must be a great asset to tourism in this part of Shropshire.” September 2016
- “Really friendly drivers. Made even a Londoner feel at home. Great views. The best way to get away from it all. Thanks” feedback from our facebook page, 19th August 2016
- “My husband and I had the privilege of travelling on the shuttle bus from Church Stretton on Sunday 17/7/16. The vehicle was driven by a most caring and informative lady called Alex who had a wealth of information at her fingertips. The concept of having a Shuttle service is excellent and extremely far thinking. It would have been very difficult for us, and all the people using the Shuttle to have driven around the Shropshire hills yesterday due to the high volume of traffic in the area. Once again thanks for implementing a splendid idea.” July 2016
- “We (4 girls/ladies) have just returned from a super week near Church Stretton. We loved the area but the highlight of the week was our journeys on the shuttle bus. Our driver (Mervyn) was an excellent driver, very helpful & and such fun- we all had a good laugh which is so important when you’re on holiday. Will you please pass on our thanks to him.” 16th May 2016