Shropshire Hills Shuttle Buses
Thank you to everyone who supported the service in 2015.
Follow this link to read some passenger comments about the Shuttle Buses in 2015.
The Shuttle Buses will start again on Saturday 30th April 2016, running every weekend and bank holiday Mondays until the end of September 2016.
Click below for route descriptions and maps, timetables and prices:
- Castle Connect (Ludlow . Knighton . Clun . Bishop’s Castle)
- Long Mynd & Stiperstones (Church Stretton . Bridges . Stiperstones . Pontesbury)
- 2015 Timetables (2016 timetables will be similar and we’ll confirm them as soon as possible – by Jan 2016 at the latest)
- 2015 Ticket Prices (2016 ticket prices will be similar and we’ll confirm them as soon as possible – Jan 2016 at the latest)
- 2015 Passenger Questionnaire – please take a few minutes to fill this in if you have used the service this year
- Shuttle Season Ticket – a simple way to support the service
- Passenger Feedback – please get in touch with us, we love to hear your views about the Shuttle Buses
Please purchase your ticket from the driver when boarding the bus.
- Adult – £7.00
- Children under 16 – £3.00
- Young person (16-24) – £3.00
- Family – £15.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
SINGLE TICKETS start from £1.30, and a child (5-15) single ticket is a flat rate of £1.30
You can travel for FREE with a valid concessionary pass.
Dogs, accompanied by their owners, are allowed on the bus at the driver‘s discretion.
We’d love to hear about your trips on the Shuttle Buses. Please take a couple of minutes to follow the links below and fill in the online survey.
Alternately, a freepost questionnaire is also attached to the timetable leaflets, so feel free to fill this in and pop it in the post to us. The information gives us a snapshot about the purpose of people’s journeys, how often they use the Shuttles and where people are travelling from.
Planning to use the Shuttles a lot this year? Or want to make a financial contribution towards the future of the Shuttles? Then why not buy a season ticket allowing you unlimited travel on all the Shropshire Hills Shuttles in 2016. This also allows those with concessionary passes and who would like to financially support the Shuttles, to do so.
- Adult – £50
- Young person (16–25) – £25
- Children – £20
- Family – £100
Please email us for more information email@example.com.
Around 7,000 passengers enjoyed trips on the Shuttle Buses in 2015 and below are some of their comments:
- “Just a quick note to say what an excellent service this is. My husband and I used it every day of the May Bank holiday weekend, getting off, walking, looking at the wildlife etc and re-joining it several times each day. The drivers were excellent and cheerful.” 2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “A most enjoyable and scenic journey.” 2015 feedback about Castle Connect
- “Just to say how much we enjoyed travelling the circuit with 2 stops to explore whilst on holiday. The drivers were very friendly and negotiated the narrow steep roads with skill. We would not have enjoyed driving ourselves and were free to look at the superb views.”2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “Brilliant service, the driver also gave us a guided your on local information on our journey. It’s not only brillent for us walkers on holiday but essential for local people in the villages.” 2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “Fantastic service, its makes the area accessible without a car. Long may it last!” 2015 feedback about Castle Connect
- “I found this service simply terrific – as I travelled by public transport and wouldn’t have been able to go on several walks I wanted to do, so the shuttle enabled me to see parts of the AONB I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. In fact the shuttle was one of the reasons that I choose Church Stretton (and the AONB) as a holiday destination. The opportunity to get around made it even more attractive. So attractive that I can’t wait to come back (have already booked flight and accommodation for 16 days in August/Sept).” 2015 feedback about both routes