Shropshire Hills Shuttle Buses
The Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus starts is running every weekend and Bank Holiday Mondays until 2 October 2016.
Step aboard to enjoy easy access into the hills for walking, sightseeing, pub lunches, picnics and more…
Click below for route description and map, timetable and ticket prices:
- Long Mynd & Stiperstones (key stops, walks and refreshments en route)
- 2016 Timetable – Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle
- 2016 Ticket Prices
- Shuttle Season Ticket – a simple way to support the service
- Passenger Feedback – please get in touch with us, we love to hear your views about the Shuttle Buses
- Castle Connect – is not running this year
Please purchase your ticket from the driver when boarding the bus.
- Adult – £7.00
- Children under 16 – £3.00
- Young person (16-24) – £3.00
- Family – £15.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
SINGLE TICKETS start from £1.30, and a child (5-15) single ticket is a flat rate of £1.30
You can travel for FREE with a valid concessionary pass.
Dogs, accompanied by their owners, are allowed on the bus at the driver‘s discretion.
Planning to use the Shuttles a lot this year? Or want to make a financial contribution towards the future of the Shuttles? Then why not buy a season ticket allowing you unlimited travel on all the Shropshire Hills Shuttles in 2016. This also allows those with concessionary passes and who would like to financially support the Shuttles, to do so.
- Adult – £50
- Young person (16–25) – £25
- Children – £20
- Family – £100
Please email us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 passenger comments:
“We (4 girls/ladies) have just returned from a super week near Church Stretton. We loved the area but the highlight of the week was our journeys on the shuttle bus. Our driver (Mervyn) was an excellent driver, very helpful & and such fun- we all had a good laugh which is so important when you’re on holiday. Will you please pass on our thanks to him.” 16 May 2016
Around 7,000 passengers enjoyed trips on the Shuttle Buses in 2015 and below are some of their comments:
- “Just a quick note to say what an excellent service this is. My husband and I used it every day of the May Bank holiday weekend, getting off, walking, looking at the wildlife etc and re-joining it several times each day. The drivers were excellent and cheerful.” 2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “A most enjoyable and scenic journey.” 2015 feedback about Castle Connect
- “Just to say how much we enjoyed travelling the circuit with 2 stops to explore whilst on holiday. The drivers were very friendly and negotiated the narrow steep roads with skill. We would not have enjoyed driving ourselves and were free to look at the superb views.”2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “Brilliant service, the driver also gave us a guided your on local information on our journey. It’s not only brilliant for us walkers on holiday but essential for local people in the villages.” 2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “Fantastic service, its makes the area accessible without a car. Long may it last!” 2015 feedback about Castle Connect
- “I found this service simply terrific – as I travelled by public transport and wouldn’t have been able to go on several walks I wanted to do, so the shuttle enabled me to see parts of the AONB I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. In fact the shuttle was one of the reasons that I choose Church Stretton (and the AONB) as a holiday destination. The opportunity to get around made it even more attractive. So attractive that I can’t wait to come back (have already booked flight and accommodation for 16 days in August/Sept).” 2015 feedback about both routes
Unfortunately, Castle Connect, which ran between Ludlow, Knighton, Clun and Bishop’s Castle will not be running in 2016. This route was set up three years ago as part of Shropshire’s Sustainable Transport Project. Now that funding has ceased, the cost of running this service for another year was in danger of putting the future of the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle at risk. Thank you to all who supported this route over the last couple of years. We are looking at other options to better link the towns with the hills, and will be applying for new grants to support this.