Shropshire Hills Shuttle Buses
Thank you for your support in 2016.
We carried over 4,200 passengers on the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus between May and September 2016. Follow the link to read some of our passenger’s comments.
We will be able to confirm the 2017 Shuttle service by January 2017 at the latest.
Step aboard to enjoy easy access into the hills at weekends for walking, sightseeing, pub lunches, picnics and more…
Click below for route description and map, timetable and ticket prices:
- Key stops, walks & refreshments
- 2016 Long Mynd & Stiperstones Timetable
- 2016 Ticket Prices
- Shuttle Season Ticket – a simple way to support the service
- Passenger Feedback – please get in touch with us, we love to hear from passengers
- Castle Connect is not running this year.
Please purchase your ticket from the driver when boarding the bus.
- Adult – £7.00
- Children under 16 – £3.00
- Young person (16-24) – £3.00
- Family – £15.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
SINGLE TICKETS start from £1.30, and a child (5-15) single ticket is a flat rate of £1.30
You can travel for FREE with a valid concessionary pass.
Dogs, accompanied by their owners, are allowed on the bus at the driver‘s discretion.
Planning to use the Shuttles a lot this year? Or want to make a financial contribution towards the future of the Shuttles? Then why not buy a season ticket allowing you unlimited travel on all the Shropshire Hills Shuttles in 2016. This also allows those with concessionary passes and who would like to financially support the Shuttles, to do so.
- Adult – £50
- Young person (16–25) – £25
- Children – £20
- Family – £100
Please email us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 passenger comments:
“We would like say how much we enjoy using the Longmynd shuttle service.Unlike other bus jourmeys there is always laughter & lively conversation on board.The drivers are excellent & the scenery is beautiful.” September 2016
- “Great service, a fantastic way to show visitors the best of the Shropshire Hills” September 2016
- “A wonderful serice enabling extensive walking, which would be otherwise inaccessable” September 2016
- “The Shuttles are part of our holiday each year – wonderful!” September 2016
- “Just a note to say a big thank you for the shuttle buses – brilliant day out and great company – drivers and passengers. Got to Snailbeach mines and lunch at the Stiperstones Inn – very fine day” feedback from our facebook page, September 2016
- “We loved the ride, the views and the bus driver – he was so infornative and helpful – a delight. It’s an essential service for getting around for visitors and residents” vistors from U.S.A., August 2016
- “Following our journey on the shuttle bus this weekend with our sister- and brother-in-law, my wife and I just wanted to write and say what a wonderful amenity we think these buses are. As regular users, whether we are looking for something to eat at Bridges or the Bog Centre, great walks or just a nice ride through wonderful scenery, which varies throughout the shuttle bus season, the buses provide a lovely friendly way to travel through this area of outstanding natural beauty. We hope that despite the pressures on local government funding that money can be found to maintain this service in the future, which must be a great asset to tourism in this part of Shropshire.” September 2016
- “Really friendly drivers. Made even a Londoner feel at home. Great views. The best way to get away from it all. Thanks” feedback from our facebook page, 19th August 2016
- “My husband and I had the privilege of travelling on the shuttle bus from Church Stretton on Sunday 17/7/16. The vehicle was driven by a most caring and informative lady called Alex who had a wealth of information at her fingertips. The concept of having a Shuttle service is excellent and extremely far thinking. It would have been very difficult for us, and all the people using the Shuttle to have driven around the Shropshire hills yesterday due to the high volume of traffic in the area. Once again thanks for implementing a splendid idea.” July 2016
- “We (4 girls/ladies) have just returned from a super week near Church Stretton. We loved the area but the highlight of the week was our journeys on the shuttle bus. Our driver (Mervyn) was an excellent driver, very helpful & and such fun- we all had a good laugh which is so important when you’re on holiday. Will you please pass on our thanks to him.” 16th May 2016
Around 7,000 passengers enjoyed trips on the Shuttle Buses in 2015 and below are some of their comments:
- “Just a quick note to say what an excellent service this is. My husband and I used it every day of the May Bank holiday weekend, getting off, walking, looking at the wildlife etc and re-joining it several times each day. The drivers were excellent and cheerful.” 2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “A most enjoyable and scenic journey.” 2015 feedback about Castle Connect
- “Just to say how much we enjoyed travelling the circuit with 2 stops to explore whilst on holiday. The drivers were very friendly and negotiated the narrow steep roads with skill. We would not have enjoyed driving ourselves and were free to look at the superb views.”2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “Brilliant service, the driver also gave us a guided your on local information on our journey. It’s not only brilliant for us walkers on holiday but essential for local people in the villages.” 2015 feedback from a holiday maker using the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle Bus
- “Fantastic service, its makes the area accessible without a car. Long may it last!” 2015 feedback about Castle Connect
- “I found this service simply terrific – as I travelled by public transport and wouldn’t have been able to go on several walks I wanted to do, so the shuttle enabled me to see parts of the AONB I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. In fact the shuttle was one of the reasons that I choose Church Stretton (and the AONB) as a holiday destination. The opportunity to get around made it even more attractive. So attractive that I can’t wait to come back (have already booked flight and accommodation for 16 days in August/Sept).” 2015 feedback about both routes
Unfortunately, Castle Connect, which ran between Ludlow, Knighton, Clun and Bishop’s Castle will not be running in 2016. This route was set up three years ago as part of Shropshire’s Sustainable Transport Project. Now that funding has ceased, the cost of running this service for another year was in danger of putting the future of the Long Mynd & Stiperstones Shuttle at risk. Thank you to all who supported this route over the last couple of years. We are looking at other options to better link the towns with the hills, and will be applying for new grants to support this.