Sustainable Business Network
- What is the Shropshire Hills Sustainable Business Network about?
- Who is it for?
- About Membership
- Membership Benefits
- Application Form, Membership Fees and Further Details
- Events and social media
It’s about businesses …
- • Reducing their impact on the environment;
- • Caring about wildlife and wild places;
- • Supporting the local economy by building sustainable supply chains;
- • Sharing knowledge, working together to promote what’s good.
But overall it’s about promoting the Shropshire Hills to visitors and local people as a place you can enjoy visit sustainably and help to conserve through their buying choices.
All our members of the network are committed to sourcing their goods, suppliers and services locally wherever possible.
The network is most relevant to businesses working in or supplying to the tourism sector. We are interested in developing and promoting more sustainable approaches to tourism in the Shropshire Hills. We hope you are too.
Membership of the network costs £70 for a two year minimum subscription.
As part of the membership process, applicants will be asked to complete a two-year sustainability pledge for appraisal. Existing members at any level will be asked to resubmit their pledges at the end of each two-year membership term.
Applicants may receive advice where necessary to make their pledge statement as effective and achievable as possible. Advice may come from staff at the AONB Partnership, specialist advisers or other members of the network.
Once the sustainability pledge has been reviewed and approved your business will be awarded a Sustainable Business Pledge Certificate.
Members who have achieved the targets in their sustainability pledge will be eligible to be awarded Bronze status after two years, Silver status after four years and Gold status after six years. Businesses who continue at Gold status for eight years or more may be nominated for ‘Sustainability Champion’ status.
Previous membership and status awarded through the old Shropshire Hills Sustainable Business Scheme will be taken into account as part of the application process. Membership of and status within other green tourism and business schemes will also be taken into account.
- • The ability to show your business is benefiting the sustainability of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- • Reduced costs through better management of resources and local sourcing.
- • An invitation to an annual programme of free and subsidised events that support your aim to be a more sustainable business.
- • Recognition that you are running a greener, more environmentally and locally aware business through the promotion of your Sustainability Pledge Certificate and business’ activities. The new pledge certificate will be printed on high quality paper, embossed with the Buy Local seal of approval showing your status as a new member or bronze, silver or gold achiever.
- • Support through a network of like-minded businesses, contacts and expertise within the business, tourism and environmental sectors.
- • Access to a directory of businesses in the scheme.
- • Promotion through a new web presence hosted with the Shropshire Hills AONB website, AONB newsletters and other shared media.
- • Promotion and support for your business through social networking and a network of local media.
- • Benefits from other promotional and business development activities potentially supported by additional funding.
- • Potential benefits and discounts developed through group buying and promotional activity.
- • Satisfaction in playing an active part in the conservation of the Shropshire Hills.
Application Form, Membership Fees and Further Details
- How to Join and Terms & Conditions
- New Application or Rejoining?
- Application Form
- Membership fees
- Licence Agreement for use of logo
- We have two or three events through the year usually in the autumn and spring. Please contact Nigel McDonald on 01743 254744 or email email@example.com
- Events are publicised on the AONB social media feed
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@shropshillsAONB)
- Or email us to subscribe to the e-business newsletter