Working in Partnership in Tourism
The Shropshire Hills and Ludlow Destination Partnership brings together tourism businesses, public bodies and community representatives. This forum supports sustainable development in tourism and a higher quality experience for visitors.
We are updating the Sustainable Tourism Strategy for the area. This is important for maintaining the profile of tourism in the Shropshire Hills & Ludlow at a county level and beyond, and to help secure future funding.
A short survey has recently been undertaken and this will greatly help the Partnership with the information it needs for the new strategy. There will be events later in the year to discuss the survey findings and the proposed new strategy.
About the Tourism Destination Partnership
- ‘The Shropshire Hills and Ludlow area will become established as a sought after rural destination, based on its special combination of outstanding landscapes and historic market towns.’
The Destination Partnership meets three or four times a year (see below for papers from meetings). The Partnership also acts as the forum for the area’s participation in the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas. Following reduction in resources to support tourism from Shropshire Council, the Destination Partnership from 2016 comes under Shropshire Hills Tourism, with support from the Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership.
The Destination Partnership’s roles include:
- • coordinating visitor information;
- • influencing external marketing;
- • coordination of services and facilities;
- • sharing best practice;
- • supporting visitor information centres;
- • developing the area’s sense of place and identity;
- • researching and gathering information;
- • maintaining links to other Destination Management Organisations and tourism partners within the county and beyond.
- Shropshire Hills & Ludlow DDP Terms of Reference
- Shropshire Hills & Ludlow Sustainable Tourism Strategy and Action Plan
- Application for European Charter for Sust Tourism in Protected Areas – Dec 2011
- Final Shropshire Hills & Ludlow DDP Marketing Strategy – approved Feb 2012
- Tourism Strategy Actions Summary with Progress – Autumn 2012
- Response to Business Board Growth Strategy – 2012
- Shropshire Hills & Ludlow Area Visitor Survey Research Report – Oct 2013
- SWOT Analysis of Progress against Strategy – May 2014
- Sustainable Tourism Action Plan Update – May 2014
- Brand Guidelines Shropshire Hills & Ludlow – Sept 14
For further information please contact Phil Holden, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership Manager on 01743 254741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org